Springs Outing – Rainbow River
Rainbow River/Spring Kayak Tour with Rainbow River Conservation
Saturday, September 30th, 2023 8:30am–12:30pm
General Ticket – $60 Donor Ticket – $100
Join FSI and RRC as we give you a fresh perspective on one of the most beautiful and serene stretches of water that Central Florida has to offer. We will be paddling a 3-mile stretch of Rainbow River and discuss the natural beauty of the waterway, the challenges facing the river, and what you and your community can do to help preserve this Outstanding Florida Waterway. We can’t wait to see you there!
About RRC: Rainbow River Conservation is an all-volunteer organization that has long protected the Rainbow River. RRC sponsors an annual river trash cleanup and duck nest box program and has helped obtain and administer grants to purchase and develop Dunnellon’s Blue Run Park and a River Restoration Action Plan. RRC has worked with the city, water management district, and state DEP on measures to enhance the ecosystem. RRC works for changes in state environmental policy to better protect flows and water quality.
- Bring your own kayak/paddleboard
- Fitness level – Easy Active
- Activity Location – KP Hole County Park (9435 SW 190th Avenue Rd, Dunnellon, FL 34432)
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Group size – 15 people
- Instructor – Bill Hawthorne, FSI’s Aquatic Ecologist and Judy Lathrop, RRC Board Member and FSI Volunteer
Questions? Call the FSI at (386) 454-9369 or send an email to email@example.com.